Full-Time Employment Opening: Captain
Durham Highway Fire Dept. has opened an application process for full-time Officer I – Captain working rotating 24 hour shifts (A, B, C).
Salary Range: $52,004 – $82,197 annually – Competitive benefits package including enrollment in the State Retirement System, department provided 401k and comprehensive health insurance.
The purpose of this position is to provide rapid fire-suppression response to protect life and property by controlling and extinguishing fires. This position maintains firefighting equipment; provides training to the general public on fire prevention awareness; and responds to medical emergencies and after-effects of other hazardous conditions. Persons in this position perform difficult protective service directing and supervising a fire company.
- High School graduate or GED
- Must be 21 years of age prior to the application
- Must be North Carolina Fire Officer I
- Must be North Carolina Driver Ops- Pumps certified
- Must be North Carolina Emergency Vehicle Driver
- Must be North Carolina Firefighter II
- Must be North Carolina EMT-B
- Must be North Carolina Hazardous Materials
- Must be NIMS ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, and 800
Applicant Selection Process
- Submittal of Candidate Resume, Cover Letter, Certification Transcripts
- Practical and Oral Assessment – TBD
- Interview with Fire Chief – TBD
- Employment contingent upon successful completion of a medical evaluation, drug test and criminal background
November 12, 2021
Please submit the above required materials and all applicable certifications to:
Chief David McNulty
Durham Highway Fire Department 11905 Norwood Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27613